Day 7 - Gili Trawangan


Spectacular thunderstorms and rooster calls (at all hours of the night)....

I am happy that I am not afraid of thunderstorms anymore ... We have had beautiful weather since we have been in Indonesia, but we do experience the occasional large thunderstorm in the early evening. They are quite beautiful. Yesterday as lightning struck close to the beach, I ran quickly for cover, but I noticed that all of the Indonesians grabbed their surf boards and ran into the ocean .. I guess the surf is better when it storms. :)


Today we have spent our first full day on Gili Trawangan. It was a lovely day, the sun was out, and we took a walk around the entire island. Now we have explored two of the Gili Islands, and they are special gems. Tomorrow we plan to do our first day of snorkeling, and I am looking forward to seeing some ocean life. We have had a great time on two of the Gili Islands, and I know we aren't ready to leave, but we are happy that we have one more full day on Gili Trawangan.

Read Users' Comments (4)

4 Response to "Day 7 - Gili Trawangan"

  1. md, on January 18, 2010 at 10:53 PM said:

    I just took a Utube trip snorkeling at Gila Trawangan. Saw some footage of big thunderclouds and beautiful sunsets. Next best thing to being there.

  2. Yim, on January 19, 2010 at 2:41 AM said:

    I wonder over the first picture?!
    Realize that the boy on the surf board is not Tola!

  3. Anonymous, on January 19, 2010 at 3:59 AM said:

    Hi Guys,
    It makes me so happy to be reading your blogs...Soak up the moments and stash them deep into your memory banks!!! I look forward to reading all your impressions of that beautiful country.
    "Tanah air hart"- Pris

  4. Hidayat, on May 23, 2010 at 5:25 PM said:

    It is good to know that you like Gili Trawangan Lombok

Post a Comment